Sunday, February 19, 2012

Made Possible In Him......Ephesians

This weeks verses were Ephesians 3:1-13. 
Read the verses here: Ephesians 3:1-13 -- Biblegateway.com.

There are so many thoughts going through my head.  I love it when the thoughts are all jumbled and you just start laying them out there and then you re-read what you wrote and think wow, I hope this makes sense to someone besides me, realize it probably doesn't and then have to rearrange it so it does...ha.  Anyways, not just these verses, but really about how everything I have heard the past couple of weeks has pointed me back to God's gift of salvation, his superiority, power and the absolute amazing grace he has for me.....ME! And YOU.  And it is all undeserved.  Just think about that for a minute.  It's seems so fundamental, but it is an amazing truth that I know I don't think about enough.  If I did it would transform my life, I am sure of it. 

From these verses to songs I have heard on the radio, to the sermons in today's morning and evening services.  Everything has just connected together.  "Ok God, I getcha, and THANK YOU upon THANK YOU for loving us all enough to give us the amazing gift of salvation."  So that leaves me with, what do I do or how do I live my life to reflect the gratefulness in my heart?  What does that look like lived out in my life?

I won't bore you with my ramblings (of which could branch out into many many directions).

Back to the verses ----> Here's the major points I pulled out:

1)  vs. 1-3: The task of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles was a "special stewardship, trust or commitment" Paul had been given by Christ.  He viewed preaching the gospel as a privilege, as something to be revered and cherished.  Not something that he begrudgingly had to do. 
   - As believers are we all given this special stewardship, trust or commitment?
Yes, I believe we are.  Not all in the same ways, some are called to lead the church as pastors, others are called to do this through serving in various ways and others are doing this in the simplest of tasks.  None the less, we all are stewards of the gospel and no task God has given us is purposeless or futile.

2) vs. 4-6: God planned out how he would reveal the gospel to the Gentiles.  Everything worked together.  Also, the gospel connects us together as one body "sharers together in the promise of Christ". 

3) vs. 7-9: Pauls purpose in life became preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, he was a "servant of the gospel".  This purpose was given to him by God as a gift.  Paul says basically that he was sooooo unworthy of carrying such a task, but God equipped him with everything he needed to be able to fulfill his purpose.  God took care of all the details, Paul just had to be obedient.  Jill's Interpretation: God will equip us with the tools we need to do whatever he is asking us to do, He takes care of the details.  We just have to be obedient and have complete faith that he will do what he says.  Nevermind the feelings of "What are you thinking, I can't do THAT!"  Yes YOU CAN, you have God working through you, making sure it DOES happen! :)

4) vs. 10-11: I think Paul is saying that the purpose for all of this God has prepared and done was so that through the church, which is believers, God's wisdom will be seen by others and he would be glorified.  It is his eternal plan for all believers.  Eternal = not just then, but now and forever!  Made possible in Christ. 

5) vs. 12-13: In Christ, through faith in Christ (salvation) WE (me and you) can approach God through prayer with confidence.  In Christ we are given the confidence and are equipped by Christ with everything we need to share the gospel.

- In him and through faith in him, we may approach God with freedom and confidence. 

Am I proof that you are who you say you are? That grace can really change a heart. Do I live like your love is true?  When they see me, do they see you?  So that everything I say and do points to you.

Sidewalk Prophets -- Live Like That

1 comment: