Monday, January 30, 2012

He is in control..... - Ephesians

This past week in the Ephesians study we read Ephesians 1:15-23.  A few things stood out to me:
1) Paul was thankful for the other believers and was continually thanking God for them and praying for them. Reminds me that God has given us Christian friends to help us through this crazy life and we should continually be thankful for those friendships.  I know I take them for granted way to often.
2) We are to really "know" God, not just a head knowledge but a personal knowledge. This comes through spending time with him. 
3) We have a hope of eternal life in Christ and his power lives within us through the Holy Spirit...WOW (I am always amazed by this).
4) Christ is above all - authority, dominion or any title that can be given not just then but now (forever).
5) The church is Christ body and should be the reflection/expression of who Christ is.  It saddens me that this is not always the image that the church portrays.
6) God is in control.  Not the current circumstances, other people, or my fears and motivations, GOD IS.  The battle has already been won by him.

Again, this leaves me thankful. :) 
The verses are Ephesians 1:15-23.  Click here to read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment