Sunday, May 6, 2012

Seasoned Chicken and Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Like normal, I was hungry and had not planned anything for supper so I started looking through my cabinets/frig to see what I could come up with.  I made chicken breast seasoned with montreal chicken seasoning and garlic mashed potatoes. 


For the garlic mashed potatoes I made mashed potatoes like normal.  I used a little bit of butter, heavy cream instead of milk and added a garlic "cube", dried parsley, salt and pepper and topped them with chives (growing on my patio...yay!) and a sprig of parsley (also growing on my patio....double yay!).

For the chicken, I just defrosted one chicken breast, cut it in half, because it was super thick, pounded it a little, seasoned it with "GrillMates, Montreal Chicken" seasoning, and crushed red pepper.  I cooked it in a little olive oil in a skillet until brown on both sides.  I topped it with green salsa.

That was it!  Easy and delicious! :)

I have an AWESOME neighbor whom just happens to like to bake, and lucky me, she usually shares! :)  She made this dulce de leche cake.  She said that she heard me pounding or chopping and figured I was cooking supper, and came knocking on my door to give me dessert...ha. 
I pretty much inhaled it...sooooooo gooooood!


No comments:

Post a Comment